Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Progress...

After ripping up the floor it was decided that the toilet has to stay put. Enlightenment: move the radiator! Called the plumber, said it could be done. This has allowed me to finalize a plan - YAY! I think I am on Plan E. I seriously have about 8 options. I was having trouble getting into the design as I didn't know what could be done. So, with this Plan E, I have to move the door. Ugh. Nothin' easy. Easier than moving a toilet, I suppose. This door thing also means moving a light switch. Easy, right? Not if the wires are too short. Luckily I have a father-in-law who knows his stuff. so, last weekend we went to town tearing down a little more wall, moved and electrical outlet. Today, Bob and I took down more plaster (never ending) and did some re- framing of a door and support for the wall (load bearing - grrr). He move the switches over to the next stud bay. Not so easy - cut through floor boards, drill holes through joists in floor and ceiling... I even used the skill saw for the first time and drilled the 1/2" hole through the ceiling joists. Baby steps. Kids deserve a lot of credit again - playing nicely all afternoon (skipping nap) so we could finish up that support of the load bearing wall. Hopefully Friday the plumber will be able to move the radiator. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

RoaringS said...

Cindy, I love reading about the reno and the pictures on facebook are great!
Thanks for your comment, we're thrilled and can't wait for all the milestones ahead.