Sunday, December 18, 2011

Bathroom take two (hundred and five)

Got back into things again these past two weekends.  Crunch time before Christmas.  My father-in-law helped first weekend with the leak (gave him a break on patching up the holes).  I took on the tiling of the tub surround and after two weekends of labor, have almost two walls done.  Darn bathroom has no parallel or perpendicular walls.  Made work VERY slow.  Must have done 50 sets of stairs this weekend alone running down to cut tile in the garage.  Hopefully one day soon that bathroom will be up and running FULLY.  The toilet and sink are back in action thanks to the plumbing help, so it is at least a half bath.  My father-in-law also trimmed out the window.  That was a BIG help.  Much nicer to look at.  Just needs painting which I am ok with.  I will tackle all the painting at once -baseboards, door and window trim, wall touch ups...

Everyone is good here.  Dylan had a bug today - threw up a couple times, but seems to be on the mend.  Poor guy just doesn't catch a break.  He has been having trouble with that darn eye tube and were were at the doctor THREE times because of it.  Hopefully it will not cause any troubles over the holidays.  Mom and dad arrive in a couple days and I am looking forward to putting my old man to work :)

No comments: