Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Anyone got the number of a good exorcist?

I wish I had one on on speed dial today. Whew! Has been a morning from down under and I am not talking Australia. Dylan woke up with a "thorn" in his bum. After his nap he was fine, however, it was Sophia's turn to test mommy's patience (not very good, apparently). We went to Hingham to get Dylan his first over priced hair cut. I packed a snack for the kids at the hair place to keep them entertained. Sophia saw the container and started crying for "tack" (snack). I told her they were for the hair place and she could have them there. That wasn't good enough and she started her melt down. I gave her one and told her the rest were for there. That didn't keep the peace very long. She screamed the whole way there. Dylan got his hair cut, cried through it. The razor was a little frightening. Went to whole foods to get lunch and a glass milk bottle and Sophia was pretty close the whole time of losing it again if she didn't get her way. Letting her push the stroller was tricky. Even almost lost Dylan - literally. He wasn't buckled in and when I regained control of the stroller I wasn't looking down and couldn't figure out why it was hard to push the stroller. I looked down and saw Dylan was sliding out the front and his legs were "slowing me down". Ugh. Got home and did lunch (not everyone ate, ahem, Sophia). Went outside for a bit before nap time and Sophia started in on a third meltdown and I called it quits for her and put her to bed. I am wiped.

No comments: