Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Failed rescue mission

On a short walk with Sophia and Dylan I noticed a dead bird on the side of the side walk. On the way home I noticed another bird on the other side. This one was moving. I hurried home and interrupted Ethan and his lawn mowing to ask if he would go get it so we could try revive it. As our trend has been - I find them, Ethan retrieves them and does most of the revival efforts. This is our second bird rescue mission. Ethan recalled all the advice his nature loving friend has given him in the past about helping birds in such situations. Feed feed feed. I found the first plump worm that Ethan fed to the little bird. He sucked that baby right down. Ethan found a couple more and gave him water and paraded him around the house. He spent the night in a bucket on the window ledge and said good-bye to Ethan in the morning. I felt particularly sad for this bird as I helped provide it's last meal.

Parading the bird... Not to worry it was pepperoni, not bird pizza for dinner.

No comments: