Sunday, June 22, 2008

Never a Dull Moment

This weekend was pretty tiring for me. Quite unexpectedly so too. Started out Saturday morning and I decided to head to the book store during Dylan's nap to look at hair magazines for my afternoon's appointment to chop it all off. Got back home with about 6 photos loaded onto my phone and started the laundry. House was a mess, but I didn't have time to do anything about it as we headed to Toy R Us when Dylan woke up and bought yet another stroller and Dylan's birthday gift. I whipped up a lunch, put Dylan down for his nap (didn't go down easy) and went off to my hair appointment. The girl was very nice and didn't shy away from cutting my hair off even though I hadn't been to her before. I guess the cut is OK. Ethan likes it, I think it is either too long or too short in front. It is an awkward length where it is always in my eyes so it needs to be either shorter or longer to work. We'll see... All I have to say for now is MAN, is my hair curly. yikes.
Bob and Jackie were over by the time I got home and then Ethan and I went for a hike together. Got home in time to get dinner started and had a little later than normal dinner. Kids were "on edge" but we survived. I put Dylan down while Sophia had a blast in the tub with Me-mere. I put Dylan down and he was not happy. I went to him soon after and though he wasn't crying hard, I wanted him to go down more calmly. I thought his 6th tooth on the move could be hurting him, so I gave him Motrin. He was doing a very irregular breathing thing that kids often do after crying - a sob breath. Well, after 20 minutes he was STILL breathing like this. I was holding him and he was even falling back asleep in my arms and breathing like that. I was getting more nervous and called in second opinions and eventually the pediatrician as he really hadn't cried hard enough to warrant such irregular breathing. After an hour we (I) made the call to take him to the ER at South Shore Plaza based on the recommendation of the nurse on call that I was talking to. We suspected he would be fine, but didn't want to risk anything so off we went. The wait wasn't too bad and Dylan was fine aside from a few more of the weird breaths in the car on the way there. We didn't get home until 11pm and Dylan was up the whole time. Not even fussing much! And for those who believe in the "if you put them to bed later they will sleep later" theory, Dylan sits outside your box. WAY outside. He was still up very early - 6am and napped only two barely 1 hour naps on Sunday. Sigh...
Sunday, though more relaxed, was hard on me as I was SUPER tired. House is still a mess. Made a blueberry pie though :)

As a reward for reading the activities of our past weekend, here are some cute pic's of the kids.

Dylan won't eat the "easy" stuff I give him, even if it is the same as what is on our plate, SO.... I threw him a bone.
Ok, mom. 'Ha-ha'. Put the camera down so I can eat my leg in peace.
Our little starlet practices her routine for this summer's "America's Got Talent"
Get down, get down. Get down, get down. Jungle boogie...
Sunday frolic at Castle Island. Dylan has REALLY made huge progress in the walking department this weekend. Did about 8 steps with Pe-pere on Saturday (a new record for him) and then kept doing a bunch of little walks the rest of the weekend - a few from one thing to another. It is going to be REALLY soon for him to be completely solo. Fun to see the difference between him and Sophia. She waited until she "knew" she wouldn't fall and just started running. Dylan is starting earlier, but is doing it more gradually.


D&D. (Dylan and Dad)Happy first weekend of Summer!

Dylan's 6th tooth has popped through (finally!) today. Hope that is the end of his fussy-s for a while...

1 comment:

Gramily said...

I must say that I never heard of anyone who thought a kid would sleep later if you put them to bed later. Is there such a saying? At least, the KIDS don't know about it!