Sunday, June 29, 2008

BIG BED, little girl

It was a hectic day, yesterday. I hit Target to get some sheets and a bedrail (yes, that hideous thing hanging from the side below) and a bunch of toys and things to keep the kids amused on the 3 hour plane trip coming up this week. I was pleased at the pump when I gassed up at the stop and shop station using my S&S card. I paid $3.49. Who would have thought I would be so excited about paying "so little". Compared to the $4.09 it is a steal these days I guess.

So, after getting home we had lunch, kids had naps.... After Sophia's nap Ethan started assembling her bed. We found out that the crib fits in the room with it, so we decided to keep it there "in case". We were still getting things together when I looked at my watch and found out it was 3.50. The little birthday party at Gymboree was at 4pm! Sophia was a mess, I had to change her, wash her face and brush her hair. I had to get the diaper bag ready, decided against caring what I looked like. Ethan got the seats back up in the car and clicked in the car seats and we made it to Gymboree by 4.10. Not bad! The birthday party went until 5.30 and they didn't have any dinner so we decided to order Sushi after the kids were in bed and I fed the kids left over pizza I made the other night.

Then the moment of truth.... How would Sophia do in her new bed? I was pleasantly surprised that we only had one false start. Sophia was tucked in and we were sitting down to eat and I heard her coming down the stairs. Ethan brought her back to bed and read her another story and though we did hear her upstairs for a little while, she didn't get out again until 4.45am. I heard her pitter patter of her little feet and brought her to bed with us where she sat quietly for about 15 minutes and then moved around until 5.30 when Ethan brought her downstairs.

We are pleased with the bed, though I wish that bedrail was not so, well, ugly. Nice that it easily flips up and down I guess. Four more sleeps until Winnipeg!

No comments: