Sunday, June 1, 2008

Tic tac tacky

Ok, so lawn ornaments are not haute couture for the lawn. But for some reason I have been obsessed with finding some ducks for our yard. I have seen a couple houses in the neighborhood with them and they have amused me and thought they would amuse Sophia. I have also been wanting to make our yard more "fun" and enticing for her to want to play in while Dylan naps. I would also like her to have her own stuff to play with and leave my gardens alone. I went on Craig's list and found one ad. They wanted $60 for the lot of their tacky statues. In the picture I spotted a couple ducks. On a whim I emailed the seller asking if he would sell just the ducks and how much. I wasn't even really expecting a reply when I returned from my jog hike. And then there it was. Yours free if you come and get them today. Wahoo! About 15 minutes away. When I got there I saw the duck, not the same as the ones I have eyed, but they were free. The guy and his wife then offered any others I wanted to take, free too. I asked a couple times if they minded and they said no so into my collection went a couple horrific bunnies (Sophia likes bunnies), 4 garden frogs (ok, I thought these MAY make it to my garden), a bunch of little squirrels (great for the sand box) and of course all the ducks - two big and three small. The small ones actually are kind of fun in the bird bath. They are ceramic, so they may be smashed to bits before the week is out.

No comments: