Saturday, June 14, 2008

A day (hour) at the zoo

So, this picture pretty much tells all in the kids enthusiasm for our trip to the Zoo on Thursday. I sat, unmoving much of the time, on the highway for 20 minutes to got two exits (kicking myself for not taking the side roads) and then another 10 minutes of actual driving to get to the zoo. I arrived at the entrance road and there was literally hundreds of kids in line to get in. UGH. I should have known end of school year would have field trips there. On the positive side, they didn't hold us up as they went through the prepaid line while I went through the regular side and only had one person in front of me.

On the down side, it was a zoo in there. On BOTH sides of the fence. Kids are very pushy at that age and not very considerate of smaller pea sized kids. There were so many there we couldn't even get close to the glass/ fence to see the animals. I almost had a panic attack in the petting zoo area as I had the double stroller and was then mobbed by hundreds of kids. I had to put Sophia back in and inch my way out of that area. None of us enjoyed ourselves. Sophia DID like the carousel at the end of our trip, though. I was bummed we didn't get in close to see the lions as that was Sophia's favorite last time we were there. Maybe next time... Life through Rose colored glasses
And what a rosy life it is. Sophia grew attached to these at the store so I fell it was my duty to get them for her.
Sophia pushes her little man in her swing as she demonstrates the wiggle walk. Funny at this age she already is very possessive about HER swing at the playground, HER side of the double stroller...

No comments: