Friday, June 20, 2008

New Adventures In Grocery Shopping

So, I have found a way in the last two shopping trips to keep Sophia from getting crazy after the first half hour of running like mad through the grocery store. I concede and get the football field length car cart (yes, you have seen them before and laughed at the mom pushing it. Little do you realize it is as difficult to push and make corners as it is embarrassing to be the pusher). Anyway, with two kids, I need to have a cart with seating or two PLUS a weeks worth of groceries. This one fits the bill. Cute to see Dylan and Sophia driving it around. I strap Dylan in and let Sophia jump in and out. This works as it gives her something to do while I put veggies in a bag, weigh them on the scale.... She keeps jumping in and out the whole trip and I don't have to lift her in and out to do so. Keeps us both happy I suppose. Makes the time pass faster for her.

Thought of the day: You never realize how big your feet are until your 2 year old daughter starts clomping around in your shoes.

More steps: Dylan let go of my finger of his own will to clap a few times and then walked AWAY from me about 2 steps to the stairs all on his own.

Fun and Games: When ever the gate is forgotten at the stairs for a few moments Dylan glances over at me and I know instantly where he is about to head and he then starts laughing and racing over to the stairs to beat me. He gets there and starts laughing like crazy.

Laughing: It is so fun watching babies laugh. When is the last time you were so happy you couldn't contain yourself and kicked your legs in fits of laughter. I can't remember either. Dylan does it daily.

1 comment:

Gramily said...

Great moments in the day of a young mom, Dear. Good for you for feeling them and appreciating them.

Sorry, Theodore Geisel (Dr. Seuss)is indeed dead and mourned by many. He was a great man. I'm sure he would have been happy to have inspired your poetic voice.